Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Going with the flow...


I steamed these eggs in just a small amount of water (sort of like poaching them) and they were lovely...
~

Freezing dead bananas for future smoothies...
~

...like this one with cacao powder added...
~

I’ve started a new sourdough starter, we’ll see how we go!
~

On my doctors advice I have switched to this Heart Active milk and also to the Nuttelex Pulse spread in an attempt to lower my cholesterol.  It has shot up again, mainly due to me not taking the medication I was on.  I suffer muscle stiffness and after a while it just drives me crazy!  I'm trying a new medication and will review in 6 months.  Oats are great for lowering cholesterol so I am on the right track there!
~
I  have also got to cut down on my meat consumption so I'll be trying a few meatless meal options each week.  We are guilty of having a protein with each meal but that's that way we like it.  Beef, chicken, pork, lamb and maybe some fish each week...
Tonigt I'm trying a salmon, pea and lemon frittata so stay tuned for that verdict...
~

Speaking of which - here is today's breakfast!  Creamy porridge using 1/2 cup of the Heart Active milk and about 2/3 cups water to 1/3 cup rolled oats...served with fresh plum, nectarine and kiwi fruit.
~

~

I had a taste test fail today.  I bought this, well I don't know what to call it...as it doesn't say yoghurt...so I'll call it a protein food.
~

With zero sugar, zero sweeteners and zero dairy, what chance do you think it has of tasting good?
ZERO!!!!
~

I tossed it in the bin after one teaspoon - disgusting!  It made my tongue tingle!
~
I'll stick to the Chobani brand and cop the few points they cost me! Urk!

Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. That YoPro looks like wallpaper paste. Blech. But loved your description! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could try making your own yoghurt? much better flavours too;
    when you go meatless try eating lentils, something i found when i came back from my xmas break (after consuming meat again) i kept craving meat, as soon as i had a meal with lentils this stopped; it may help you, also do as Arnie suggests, try going just one day a week to start off, i.e. Meatless Monday- makes it easier to do the longer you do without; there are many websites about going meatless; i'm trying to go meatless again too, it's not easy when you fall off the wagon; also another thing people fall into is trying to substitute one item for another, this never works; if you're going to up dairy for instance, just give it up, there are no substitutes; i can't eat dairy from cattle but every other dairy i can, the trouble is, no one makes it or it is way too expensive to buy.
    anyway, that's enough ramblings from me & i wish you luck in your food alternatives ...
    interesting reading as always
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.