Wednesday, April 1, 2009

French Onion Chicken Parcels....easy and tasty...

This was the pretty sky that greeted me this morning when I returned home from my walk.
*
*
My yellow carpet rose - I love yellow roses!
*
This was dinner last night.
*
FRENCH ONION CHICKEN PARCELS
Chicken breast for each person
onion, diced
bacon, chopped
tomato, sliced
cheese, grated
french onion soup mix
*
On a sheet of foil, then a piece of baking paper, assemble the chicken breast and top with onion, bacon, sprinkle of soup mix, tomato then cheese.
Carefully fold the foil loosely around the chicken making a neat parcel.
*
At this stage, you could refrigerate until needed. eg. make at lunch time then cook for dinner later.
*
Bake in a 180C oven for about 30-40 minutes (depending on thickness/size of chicken breast).
Serve with salad and baked potatoes. Apart from the low fat cheese, I did not use any oil at all.
*
Enjoy!
*
We are in for a warm one today (about 30C) so I'd better get to work so I can get home a bit early today.
*
Cheers - Joolz

8 comments:

  1. That chicken looks delicious. I am going to try this recipe for tomorrow nights tea/dinner.

    Thanks for sharing this recipe Joolz.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, you can add other things to it like olives, basil, corn, avocado. Whatever takes your fancy. It was yummy and I like it because you can prepare ahead.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of the pinkish sky. Can I save and use as my desktop wallpaper.

    I have become addicted to the 'Bubbles' game.lol. though I've put it at the bottom of my page.

    I enjoy reading your posts.

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious... and best of all, quick and easy !
    Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Joolz for this quick and easy recipe. I've been looking for different quick things that my children will eat. This looks great and I could organise it in the morning and leave it to them in the evening. I will definately be trying this.
    I have a couple of quick and easy recipes to share on my blog too.
    Fee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sky is so peacefull looking, fancy starting your day looking at that...
    Will be giving the parcels a go for tea one night next week......
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos Joolz!The chicken looks so yummy too.I dont eat much of it but when I do wouldnt mind trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joolz I bought the stuff for this today so guess what is for dinner tonight?? Thanks for the reciepe I have made most of yours as you seem to eat/like the same stuff we do.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.