Saturday, July 3, 2010

Special Fried Rice...

I was getting sick of meat and 3 veg meals so I made this Special Fried Rice. My recipe I guess, I just add whatever vegetables we like and flavour it accordingly.
~
Bok Choy...
~
Sweet corn, cut straight off the cob...
~
Celery and capsicum...
~
In the wok, I threw in 2 scrambled eggs and made an omlette...
~
I also diced up an onion and 2 rashers of bacon and fried them off to add in later (not pictured).
~
Finely chop all the vegetables -here they all are with snow peas & bean sprouts and carrot...
~
Lovely fresh prawns, already marinated in garlic and parsley. Chop them up a bit...
~
Fry them off in the wok until just cooked through...
~
Add in the vegetables and stir fry for a few minutes. Don't over work them.
~
I put the lid on the wok for a minute or two just to steam things up a bit...
~
I previously cooked 1.5 cups of medium grain rice (by absorption method) then spread it out to dry on a tray... now throw all of this in...
~
Add a dash of Soy Sauce and 1 tablespoon (or 2) of Sweet Chilli Sauce, 1 good teaspoon of chicken stock powder and 1/2 cup of water...
~
Stir these through, put the lid on for another minute or two... add in the cooked onion and bacon and the chopped up omlette...
~
Do a taste test... oh, yeah! Add a crack of pepper...
~
Grab your favourite bowl, dish it up and enjoy!
(the time taken to make this dish was 45 minutes from starting chopping until serving it in the bowl so it is really quick!)
~
Cheers - Joolz

10 comments:

  1. Your special fried rice looks yummy. We had fried rice last week but not with prawns, other than that it is pretty much the same. I throw in whatever I have in the fridge and I also like a little oyster sauce in mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm!!! I make it pretty much the same but have'nt ever added prawns or stock powder but I may now,That looks scrumdiddly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, that looks wonderful! What a nice change of pace that would be around here, too. Thanks for your step by step recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind eating some of that right now, looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that food looks delicious!!! Want to come and cook for me????
    Happy 4th of July to you too :)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm.... that looks good. I need to make some today. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know what this post reminded me of? The fact that I made a wonderful recipe tonight, that I have been meaning to share on the blog...and I completely forgot to take photos before we gobbled it up! Waaahh!

    I love your recipe. Lovely photos. I haven't made this in awhile, so I may do this week. I even have shrimp in the fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freezing here today. Bleak & overcast. Yesterday was a nice day though I even opened the house all up & aired it.
    I published the comments for my last post, including the one you sent me and now blogger is saying I have no comments. Sorry but I did publish it. Sometimes Blogger does the wierdest things to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow i'm starving now...........this looks so good..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, my mom used to make shrimp fried rice and I always loved it so--til I developed an allergy to shrimp or perhaps the preservatives on it--anyway, now I make it with chicken or pork loin. Looks lovely! Yummmm

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.