Thursday, February 6, 2020

Hump day happenings...


My late afternoon snack when I got home from work. Hummus and carrot...I also sat and had a coffee.  This stopped me wanting to eat savoury biscuits...
~

For dinner, I made this very quick salad to go with...
~

...this Salmon, pea and lemon frittata from WW.  I added mushrooms and spinach to it...
~

It was delicious and there is a serve each for lunch tomorrow...
~

I am trying to cut down my portion sizes, normally I would have had more frittata...
~

Thursday morning now and I had porridge again with LSA, flaked almonds, nectarine, pear and strawberries...so yummy!
~

~

~

I was very happy to see my sourdough starter has sprung to life on this Day 3...
~

I have named her Sadie - she got fed with 1 tbs plain flour and 1 tbs water.  I’ll stir her a few times during the day and hope she continues to bubble...
~
The weather is behaving itself after we got a great downpour last Friday and Saturday (62 mls).  We are so lucky where we live. 
~
We are excited to have booked our 3rd week long trip to Kangaroo Island in 3 years, just after the Easter long weekend.  We will go with 'an empty fridge' and buy local to support the island.  There are so many great things to buy - olive oil, olives, honey, hand products, lavender products, seafood and wine - to name a few.  Sadly, some of our food haunts have been burned out - we loved Rockpool Cafe and Table 88.  I hope they get to rebuild.  We have booked a few nights at Antechamber Bay camp ground and the caravan park in Kingscote and hope to camp up at Emu Bay (no bookings there - first in, best dressed).  We hope to go to Vivonne Bay although I'm not sure how much was burned there.  I know they lost Vivonne Bay Lodge.  It is not our intention to sight-see the burnt out areas, but support the island where we can. 
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. I think doing what you can to support local businesses/people on Kangaroo Island is a wonderful thing, Joolz. It must be so very hard for the community there after what has happened with bushfire on the island and I'm sure they want people to return and to support them while they begin again. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. be careful consuming too many oats during the summer months, it's a 'hot' food & can make you sick; it is a winter food for this reason; i ate it a lot some years back, an easy breakfast, then i couldn't stomach it anymore, it is a 'hot' food, something that i should've known having livestock too; i always feed hot foods in the winter, just didn't think it applied to us as well
    love reading your posts, your foods always look so colourful
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.