Saturday, January 11, 2020

What I'm reading...


I bought this novel the other day - I want to read more as I haven't for so long.  I think my eyesight was a bit of a problem but I have readers in my glasses now so it seems okay.  I am a few chapters in and am enjoying this - a story of an Irish family who come out to 
Australia on free passage and with a promise of a land grant.  Love stories intermingled with hardship I think ... I'll have to keep reading.
~
This one intrigued me so I bought it on my Kobo (similar to a Kindle).  
That is next on my list.  Have you got any great reads to share?
~
Others that I have lined up on my Kobo are:

The Orphan Keeper - Camron Wright
Lion - Saroo Brierley
Heart of the Dreaming - Di Morrissey
Kimberley Sun - Di Morrissey
The Lake House - Kate Morton
The Reluctant Midwife - Patricia Harman
Tumbledown Manor - Helen Brown 
The Hundred Foot Journey - Richard C Morais
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
Rhanna - Christine Marion Fraser (I read this whole series of books before I can kids - set in the Scottish Hebrides, love, lust, loss and more)
~
Well that should keep me busy until 2050! 

 Hey think about this ...
 2050 is 30 years away ... and 1990 was 30 years ago...
I was 26 in 1990 and I'll be 86 if I see 2050 come around ... but I highly doubt that! 

Cheers - Joolz xx
 


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got your reading sorted for the year...I'm the same age as you....must have been a good year hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for some great reading tips. I've gone ahead and downloaded the books you mentioned by Mary-Anne O'Connor, Camron Wright and Kate Morton. I have read (and seen the films) of "Lion" and "The Hundred Foot Journey" and loved them both.

    Books I've enjoyed lately:
    Bruce Holsinger "The Gifted School"
    Meredith Jaffe "The Fence"
    B A Paris "The Dilemma"
    Charlotte Wood "The Weekend"
    Susan Duncan "The Briny Cafe"
    Lorna Sage "Bad Blood"
    Elizabeth Morrisson "Those were the days" (terrific reading for anyone brought up in Australia in the 1960s)
    Jamie Ford "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet"
    Emuna Elon "House on Endless Waters"
    Ulla-Lena Lundberg "Ice"
    Sue Barlow "Hold the Ladder Steady".

    I am about to start Marie Benedict's new book "Lady Clementine" (about Winston Churchill's wife), followed by Roxane van Iperen "The Sisters of Auschwitz".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Reluctant Midwife a few years ago and enjoyed it (if I'm remembering correctly).

    I finished The Chelsea Girls by Fiona Davis today. I didn't enjoy it much at all. I didn't think the characters or the plot were very well developed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might have put me onto that book...its been on my Kobo quite a while. I find when I start reading a book, I get drowsy, especially at night. I will try and persevere ... or have a nap! :)

      Delete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.