Monday, January 13, 2020

That first cup of coffee in the morning...


I do love a nice cup of coffee in the morning.  I usually have 2 but that's my limit.  I quite like using this jam jar for my mug as I can microwave the milk, froth it then pop in under my little coffee pod machine to brew the coffee.  This is how it comes out before I stir it.
~
This is my little machine, a Nespresso Essenza mini.  Very simple with no bells and whistles.  You fill the water compartment, pop in a pod and hit the green button.  
~

Sunday morning breakfast - my first bread for the whole week...
~

Lovely fresh, free range eggs from a quite local to us egg business...
~

These are my poor potato plants that I planted out in early October.  I decided to pull the middle pot yesterday to see what the crop was like...
~

Not that great!  They look big but they were tiny and not many of them!
~

I washed them up and I added the bigger ones to some bought potatoes and we had them for dinner.  They tasted great!  I'm hoping the two other pots produce a bit more if I leave them another month or so.
~

Even though I am on WW, I made bread rolls to go into the freezer.  Huz loves them and they take no time at all.  I shaped these as Kaiser rolls, brushed with egg and topped with poppy seeds.  Perfect!
~

Huz also cooked dinner, simple lamb cutlets, steamed veggies with a bit of butter (actually Nuttilex) and parsley on the potatoes and carrots.  Just what we needed.
~

Breakfast was 40gms muesli (6 points), banana, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/3 tub (56gms) Chobani strawberry yoghurt (1 point), 2 tspn pure maple syrup (1 point) and 1/4 cup Pura Tone skim milk. 
~

My tomatoes are doing okay but are very slow to mature and ripen ...
~

A few strawberries but these plants are producing really mutated looking strawbs...
~

Strawberries in pots are looking a bit sad with leaf curl or something.  They've looked like this right from the word go...
~

I gave them a handful of dynamic lifter to see if that perks them up...
~
The day was spent washing bedding, remaking beds for our guests coming for the Australia Day weekend, general tidying and putting away.  I need to Marie Kondo my undies drawer again and relocate some other clothing.  It gets out of hand so quickly.
~
WW Chicken Tagine tonight for dinner...I can try out my new black casserole...
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I will post the recipe soon - it's my go to for bread rolls. You can use any type of flour and add seeds and grains.

      Delete
  2. Love all the lovely photos of your food. Those rolls are perfect!

    Your veggies are probably confused with our weather like mine are. Not the best season for growing.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.