Saturday, January 11, 2020

Steel cut oats and getting stuff done...


Six for six days walking.  I quickened my pace today by more than a minute on yesterday's walk. There weren't many people around this morning, must be sleep in day.  It was nice and cool, just how I like it...
~

I tried steel cut oats for the first time today.  They took a while to cook, which is a negative.  I can have a bowl of quick oats made in 3 minutes but these took around 15 minutes on the stove.
~

They were nice - quite nutty and a bit chewy so I guess they are good for my insides.  They are more costly in WW points compared to quick or rolled oats.  A 1/4 cup of these is 5 points compared to 2 for quick oats. I used pure maple syrup and had a tablespoon for 3 points but will cut back to 2 teaspoons for 1 point as it was over sweet.  
~

The bananas and blueberries make it really nice...
~

I buy blueberries when they are on special for $2.50 - $3.00 and freeze them.  I will not pay
$5.00 + a punnett.
~

With breakfast done, I did a few jobs around the place.  Namely get rid of all the Christmas crap tidying things away off the tables.  Just bits of Christmas left lying around.  I didn't decorate much or put up a tree here as we had Christmas in Adelaide.  We had Gus's side of the family over on the Saturday before and I stole the tree (simply decorated with baubles) from work and put that in the family room for the day, then it was returned to work the next day. Lol!  When we got home from Adelaide, it was nice not having to undecorate the tree. 
~
I fixed my garden hose by replacing all the connections and joiners so they don't leak - that really annoys me.  I tidied my corner 'plastic container' cupboard.  It wasn't too bad, it just needed reorganising.  I keep lids with containers so you don't have to go hunting.  I did 3 loads of washing and got all caught up.  I even hung most on the line and got it dry within the hour.
~
Another thing I did, was set a timer for 30 minutes (while I had a load of washing going) and I sat and read my novel without moving.  I went to get up once and thought, no, sit! 
~
Lunch was Rye Mountain bread with turkey, cranberry, lettuce, mango, cucumber, tomato and beetroot.  Dinner will be fish as Gus bought some Kingfish from Robe when he went there this morning.
~
We're enjoying some cooler weather now for the next few days so I hope the fires on Kangaroo Island settle down.  It is utter devastation there.
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about freezing blueberries when they are cheaper. Doh!

    I use rolled oats for breakfast, soaked overnight with chia seeds and ground flaxseeds. In the morning I add a bit of cinnamon and almond milk and then heat. I serve with sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries, topped with sunflower and pumpkin seeds and walnuts...yum!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.