Friday, January 10, 2020

Muesli and Le Creuset...


This was my delicious breakfast bowl this morning...
~

It looks a lot but there was only 1/2 a banana and 1/2 a pear in there and about 4 strawberries...
~

As you can see, most of it is zero points except for the muesli and maple flavoured syrup.  I could do better with the muesli but you compromise on taste when you get into the really healthy muesli's and I'm sorry, I am not eating cardboard!  I also realised (when I used the food scanner) that for 2 tsp real maple syrup, its still 2 points so I'll be using that in future.  Anyway, it was delicious and took over 15 minutes to consume.  I have walked 5 days this week, today being the longest at 2km in 19 minutes.  I am no Usain Bolt, with rickety knees and sore feet, but I'll take that time as good and besides, I'm not racing anyone!
~

This beautiful thing arrived today - Merry Christmas to me from me!  Gus and I didn't exchange presents at Christmas (because we did Kris Kringle with the kids) but we both had something in mind that we wanted.  Anyhoo, time ran out so I ordered this online (and on sale) and he has a hankering to get a new black lidded Weber BabyQ so he'll get that soon.
~

I think with this black beauty, I should be able to get rid of every stupid fry pan and skillet lurking in my cupboard.  Even my electric fry pan can go.  This can be used to fry, wok stir fry and casserole.  Together with my big blue le Creuset, that should be all I need.  I will still have a tiny little skillet for scrambled eggs for two and another cheapy for making my flatbreads in at high heat but the rest - adios!
I'm thinking I might even be able to make some Southern style biscuits in there!

Cheers - Joolz xx

5 comments:

  1. Your breakfast looks great. Well done on your exercise too...I started this week and have done my 5x28 minute workouts. Friday is cardio and I put it off all day until 6.30 pm tonight and finally got it done. I was a ww member for years and years and loved it. I now do Sam Wood which suits me better however no matter what program you choose it's up to us to actually eat right and do some exercise and we know it always makes us feel good when we are doing it. Your breakfast muffins look great too. Kathy A, Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy
      My daughter did Sam Wood for a couple of rounds when he first started and she loved it. She got great results and liked his recipes too. Yes, it all comes down to what we put in our mouths and how much - no one to blame but ourselves. I lost 10 kgs in 2018 but have put it back on so I'm starting over. We have another wedding to plan for in early to mid 2021 so I want to look my best for that.

      Delete
  2. I was recently diagnosed with fatty liver and acid reflux, so I am on the health kick band wagon too.

    Once again I have corrected my eating and exercise regime. I am using the walking machine at the moment so I can track my progress better. Doing 3kms a day to start with, 2 minutes walking, 2 minutes jogging for about 30 minutes. I must stop eating crap, it is causing me all sorts of health issues.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive just discovered your back blogging so I’m enjoying your posts. And I’d love to know how your going with your new frypan too please
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Le Creuset pan. I have used it probably 2-3 each week since I've had it. Great for casseroles, stir-fries. I cooked lamb steaks in it the other night. It's quite versatile. I'm glad you are enjoying my blog... :)

      Delete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.