Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Part 1...

We travelled to Adelaide on Good Friday morning... Kirby bought our seafood supplies - prawns, oyster, fresh whiting fillets...
~
This is a recipe that we had last year too (sort of an Easter tradition) - Zesty bbq prawns...
~
Oysters Kilpatrick for Gus and me... so fresh and delicious!
~
The whiting fillets were delicious too but Gus barbecued them on the grill and they fell to pieces - he was mortified! They still tasted delicious but looked like a car crash! Lol!
~
Kirby's Hasselback potatoes with sage and proscuitto...
~
Kirby's Pear, Walnut and Rocket salad... I've taught my girls well - they love to cook and make yummy things too!
~
Saturday night we dined at a lovely Indian/Singaporean restaurant called Hazara Bistro on the Parade, Norwood. We all enjoyed our meals - we seem to keep going back there as the atmosphere is crisp, clean and you can talk without having to whisper. A fun night!
~
Sunday we dined at the Bridgewater Mill restaurant - another post for that gastronomic delight! Sunday dinner was homemade chicken and bean tacos - which we could hardly fit in!
~
Monday night I made a naughty potato bake...
~
Kirby produced a yummy tossed salad and made garlic bread from a nice fresh baguette we bought...
~
Gus did the honours with a butterflied leg of lamb in the BabyQ weber...
~
On the way home from Adelaide, we stopped at the fish van in the Coorong (I call it the Roach Coach)...
~
They sell fresh Coorong mullet fillets for $20/bag... so fresh it is almost still swimming...
~
For dinner, I dusted the fillets with plain flour and lemon pepper seasoning...
~
Pan fried in a little oil... we had it with salad and fresh potato salad I made...
~
Just a picture of my poor neglected standard roses... I can't quite remember the name of this one (it's Deep Purple or something...) - these roses have been in for about 5 years now and have never given more than 2 buds/blooms at a time, no matter how much I prune, fertilize, water etc. I haven't touched these since they were pruned back before Christmas and just look at them! They have a lovely big bloom which has ruffly petals in a pretty deep pink/purple colour. Perhaps neglect is what they thrive on!? That and a lack of rain through the summer....
~
Joolz

2 comments:

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.