Sunday, February 2, 2020

Crazy weather this week...


Wednesday 29/01/20 We woke up to a thick fog over the town which hung around until about 9.30am...
~

Then Thursday we experienced a stinking hot day of 44C.  On Friday, it was a cooler 36C but the humidity was through the roof!  We had a big down pour in the afternoon but the temperature just did not drop so it felt like hot rain!  Nasty!
~



I've got sick of bananas and apples as my fruit of choice so picked up some plums, nectarines and apricots when I went shopping...something different...
~

I also picked up several corn on the cob which were only $1.00 each.  I take them off the cob and freeze them.  So much better than canned corn which is in water from a foreign country and costs about twice as much!
~

My muesli and fruit breakfast, loving the different fruits...
~

Because there was a thunder storm warning for Friday afternoon and evening, I filled a couple of bottles with water and boiled water for my Thermos.  If power goes out, we have no water into the house as we are on a pump for rain water and bore water for toilets.  Nothing worse than not being able to wash your face before bed....or have a cuppa for that matter.  Be prepared!
~
The storm did not eventuate but it was nice to know I was ready if it did.  I also had candles out ready...
~

A nice latte a la Joolz ...
~

I bought some organic rolled oats for a bulk food supplied recently.  It made the most creamy porridge ever and I only used skim milk and water...
~

Delicious with mango, plum and apricots.  I have stewed the remaining apricots as they were getting over-ripe.
~

Dinner last night - Gus returned from Adelaide and brought fresh King George whiting and oysters home.  So fresh!
~



and finally, a few blooms from my poor garden.  They've had wind, rain, searing hot temperatures but still they pop out a bud here and there...
~
I hope this week can just be normal summer weather with no extremes...wouldn't that be nice?
Cheers - Joolz xx


1 comment:

  1. The fish dinner looks great that's what we are having for dinner tonight. The humidity has been horrible in Brisbane for the past week and I'm over this heat and tomorrow [Monday] will be 36 again.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.