Sunday, July 8, 2018

Up to date and NBN connection...


Last Thursday, I was fed up with making a ‘recipe’ every night for dinner so I bought Coorong mullet fillets, made oven fries and homemade coleslaw and a simple green salad. Delicious!
~

More porridge. This is so filling and takes me through to lunch at 12 noon.  This batch has 2 medjool dates chopped up on it.
~
I make my porridge with 1/3 cup of quick oats, 1/2 cup of skim milk and microwave it for 3 bursts of 1 minute, stirring after each minute.  I add in 1/4 cup of water to loosen it at the end.
~

All my other roses have shut down for winter but my Mother’s Love rose still has its leaves. It must like the position on my front porch...
~

~

~

Friday night Fakeaway - I felt like burgers so I scoured the WW app and found this Open chicken burger...
~

~

The burger has chicken mince, grated onion and grated cheese in it...
~

...and half of this seasoning packet.  The other half gets sprinkled on the outside.  The bun is spread with beetroot dip and a bit of greek yoghurt, top with the burger then salad leaves dressed with balsamic vinegar, tomato, red onion and avocado if you like it. Oh, wow! This was so good and mad a nice change from what we’ve been eating.
~

We finally switched over to the NBN yesterday.  I’ve been holding off because Ai’ve heard horror stories around town of having no internet for weeks, poor coverage and drop outs. Anyway, I bit the bullet and took the $79 plan which gives us 1000GB (we had 200GB previously for $73).  Calls on our land line are extra but we rarely use it now.  I have connected it up but may disconnect it down the track. 
~


I tested the speed and was pleased to see the download speed to be above 30 Mbps...when I tested my service a few weeks back, it was 2.8 !!!
~

I had to spring clean the study - you do not want to know how many crunchy dead spiders I found down the back of the desk!  Yikes!
~
All done, phone and fax lines tested and the poor old antiquated pc works too, albeit slow, because it is stuffed!
I think we need to buy a laptop for this space. We hardly use the pc now, only for printing stuff off.
~
So that’s me up to date.  I’m off to clean the insides of my windows so a cleaner can come and do the outsides next week.  
~
Cheers - Joolz xx





1 comment:

  1. i got my NBN nearly 2yrs ago now, never had a problem with it but everyone else around have been; the only thing i need to do is chop the branch down off the fig tree cos it lies across the path of the signal, in wet weather & wind it does upset the connection! had to replace my modem a few weeks ago as the old one died (too many blackouts) they happily took the old one back (am with Telstra) otherwise i love it, had my landline disconnected too.
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.