Wednesday, April 4, 2018

(Backup) Brilliant Easter weekend...

We travelled to Yorke Peninsula to our accomodation at Yondah Beach House on Thursday...leaving later than planned...what’s new?
Yondah sits above the cliffs...
~
~
The next morning - Good Friday... so calm and peaceful...
~

Wall art...
~

~
Kirby likes to accessorise...
~
These are the breakfast bagels she made...filled with cream cheese, soft scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon and chives...
~
...decadently topped with a bit of smoked salmon caviar...
~
After that epic breakfast we went to the cliff top to see if we can get down onto the beach...
~

~
Nate does a Y for Yondah!
~
~

The steps leading down to this beach were just too dangerous to attempt...
~

Back at the house, I busied myself making this fun Easter chocolate bark...
~
~
It was delicious!
~
Next up, prep for dinner...cook the blue swimmer crabs...
~
That is a lot od crab!
~

Nate cooked smoked ribs for lunch...Kirby did baked potato chunks, a rainbow slaw and Thai curry rice...
~
~
Bri and Michael decided to try their hand at fishing from the rocks.  The track down is quite treacherous! 
~
Back to dinner prep...I picked all the crab meat...
~

Angus made the pasta dough then we started to fill and make ravioli...
~

This is the second time we’ve used this ravioli tray and it was much easier this time around.  I wrote down what worked last time...
~
I made a naughty cream, chilli cheese sauce and it was delicious! A triumph!
~

I also made focaccia bread to serve with it.  Time for bed that was a big day!

Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. Heavens to Betsy! Everything looks SO good! Paella, that ravioli (!), the cracklin, breakfast bagels, and those adorable chocolate bunnies in the bark. I know I left out something else that made my mouth water. I just had supper, and yet it all looked FAB!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.