Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Back into it...


One thing I love about where our girls live, there is a new Foodland just around the corner, literally less than 500 metres away.  There are a lot of Italian’s in this community so the Foodland stocks a myriad of Italian products. So many varieties of tomato pasta sauces, pastas and oils.  They also stock South Australian items and produce.  
Have a look at these heirloom tomatoes - an extravagance for what I paid (not telling!) but I couldn’t pass them up!  
I only got home at 3.30pm and Gus at 7.30pm so we had that organic tomato sauce and some of the pasta castiglioni last night for a quick dinner.
This morning I sliced all of the tomatoes up and froze them in zip-lock bags...
~

I use a drinking straw and suck out the air then seal...

My cheeky Kookaburra mate was back this morning, banging on my laundry window...and shitting on my pergola pavers!  Grrr!
I picked that small vase of roses this morning...can you tell that the ones in the jug are artificial?
We were out pounding the pavement at 6.30am.  It was freezing and it took my hands the whole half an hour to warm up!   Small steps this week with half hour walks then next week we’ll extend it a bit.  My knees and feet are sore so I need to take it slow.  I am still suffering from a pulled muscle in my ribcage (under my boob) and this is so painful when I try to coigh or sneeze! Soooo painful!  I’m booked in for Bowen therapy on Thursday, maybe my Naturopath can help relieve it.

Check out my succulents!  They’re going great! Above is when first planted...

...and today, growing beautifully!

This coming weekend, I need to get into my back garden, it’s a jungle out there!

Cheers - Joolz xx

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh that pulled muscle would be excruciating, I really feel for you.
    6.30am walk would be lovely. The best time of the day. I love the sights, sounds and smells of everything waking up.
    Have a great week.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peeking into everyone's garden and seeing what's growing!

      Delete
  2. I hope the Bowen Therapy works for you, Joolz. I swear by it! Love your roses, very pretty! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lovely, young lady that I go to who is very good. I've had successful Bowen for my neck for quite a few years. Hopefully, she'll sort me out!

      Delete
  3. Hi Joolz,
    Do you mind me asking what you will do with the frozen sliced tomatoes?
    Kind regards,
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,
      I live in a small town and the quality of tomatoes available is not always great so when I can get beautiful, ripe tomatoes, I buy up. I love a good tomato/zucchini bake and also fresh tomatoes on toast for breakfast. I'll do a bake tonight and show you, it's very easy and tasty and just another veggie dish to add to the plate.

      Delete
    2. Sounds great Joolz, they do look like lovely tomatoes.
      Take care,
      Andrea.

      Delete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.