Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hug your loved ones...

A sad start to this blog post. A friend of ours who we were close to in the years that our kids were growing up, was tragically killed in a motor cycle accident on March 28. We had grown apart since our kids grew up but we were still friends, nonetheless. He and his wife, who are our age, had just celebrated their 32nd wedding anniversary in March. Here one minute, gone the next. His bike slid out and he hit a huge tree. He leaves his lovely wife and 3 beautiful, grown up girls. All four spoke at his funeral, last Thursday. I do not know how they did it, giving a beautiful insight into the kind, gentle, dependable and funny man that Steve was. We are heartbroken for them.
I did some baking and took it around to them a few days prior to the funeral and I'm so glad I did. I witnessed a house full of women, holding each other together.

On Saturday, April 1st, we headed over to Melbourne to see our friends and we took in an AFL game on Sunday. As always, this was my view! I always get the tall dude with big hair in front of me! Doh!

Tradition says you must have a Four and Twenty meat pie and a beer at the footy. I had red wine instead! The pie was just hot enough for me to burn the roof of my mouth five times! I'll never learn!

We may have had bubbles also! I was barracking for Carlton Blues and our friends are Melbourne Demons fans! Demons won...pooh!

We walked back from the MCG to the train station then trained home to Spotswood. Such a great way to get around!
We got up Monday morning and went around the auction houses so Gus could look at a few cars he was interested in. He can buy them online later in the week. Then it was onto the plane for the trip home.

Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Joolz. That is really sad and my heart goes out to his family.

    Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry about your friend.

    Hope your mouth is feeling better...I'm sure the wine acted as an antiseptic. Maybe you should have some more. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.