Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Saturday at home...

We've had some beautiful sunrises and very chilly mornings of late (this was the only sunrise I captured!)...
~
Last Friday, I saw these beauties in a local gift shop and decided they would be mine!   Love!
~
Saturday was a home day, I tidied, showered then sat knitting and drinking cups of tea...
~
I fed up my Sally Sourdough starter...
~
I also cleaned Sally's jar...
~
I had a few dead bananas in the fruit bowl...
~
These are best for making banana bread!
~
I love this melt and mix recipe from Hannah at Honey & Jam...she's been absent from her blog after the loss of her mum ... ;(
~
~
My friend arrived back after 5 weeks away in Europe so this loaf found it's way to her back doorstep, waiting for her to get home in the afternoon...something nice to have with a cuppa.
~
Joolz xx






5 comments:

  1. Jool, I cleaned Gertrude's container the other day too. They do get messy. I must give her a feed tomorrow although I am not sure she will like the cold weather. There is talk of light snow on Friday on the Granite Belt which is only a couple of hours away from here. By the way, I am never up to see the sunrise as I am a night owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chel, I only viewed that sunrise as that was the morning we discovered our airconditioner had broken and hubby was outside checking the power box. I looked out and saw the beautiful pink sky...but normally we leave the curtains closed until later...
      We are in for a cold snap on Friday - 10C here!
      Brrr!

      Delete
  2. Those cups are wonderful - obviously a set of some sort ....and they fit in perfectly with your other blue ware too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen those baking paper inserts for tins before. Where on earth did you find them? I'm in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were just from a cheap shop - Cheap as
      Chips, from memory. Just look for them in the baking/cookware section. You can get round ones too! Brilliant!

      Delete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.