Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend happenings...

A frying pan full of my Chow Mein for dinner Thursday night...
~
This morning I made a lemon slice ...
~
So easy and delicious! The recipe is here on the Arnott's site. The only thing I do differently is process the biscuits to a fine crumb then add the wet ingredients to the processor and whiz until combined - saves on all that hard stirring in.
~
Kirby has been home this weekend and she had a hankering for some scones today too. My oven is still not fixed (element for fan-forced heating has blown) so I was a bit hesitant to do any baking using normal heat... anyway, they turned out perfectly. Of course, I cheated and used the CWA pre-mix - just had 280mls of water to the packet and voila! Pearler scones!
~
We may have been naughty and had them with strawberry jam and cream, but I'm not telling!
~
The morning tea was put on for this little visitor - Brax! He is such a dear little boy, always so happy!
~
Brianna will be pleased to know that I packed up the remainder of the scones and sent them home with Kirby.
~
And hot off my needles is this dishcloth - how blessed was I to have just enough cotton left to finish it! I was holding my breath, I can tell you! Can you see my boo-boo? About half way up on the right hand side border, I must have KPKP instead of PKPK! Never mind - homemade doesn't always mean perfection.
I picked up some more bamboo cotton yesterday so I am good to go with some new patterns. Once I have knitted these up I will stop - you can only do with so many dishcloths!
~
I have a rolled chicken roast planned for dinner (now pictured above) - poor Gus has been working for the past 4 days at a vehicle Road Show, showcasing our cars. Kirby and I even helped out yesterday. The weather has been foul, bitterly cold and wet (not so much today) and he and the sales guys have been on their feet for 4 solid days so he will be wrecked when he gets home.
~

(Thanks to modern technogy (Iphones) here is a pic of her tyre taken just minutes ago! She messaged me the pictures)
Thank goodness for our RAA membership - Kirby got 1 hour down the road towards Adelaide and had a flat tyre. Totally shredded the tyre off the rim! A call to the RAA (which we all have membership to - I won't grizzle about the $340 yearly premium again!) and the guy was there in 30 minutes to change it for her.
~
Here another picture of the tyre ...
She was 2 kms out of the next town when it happened. Good to know help is there when we can't get there. She's back on the road as we speak - I'll be very glad when she gets home!
~
I hope you enjoy the coming week,
Cheers - Joolz

7 comments:

  1. Your lemon slice looks beautiful Joolz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was some flat tyre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed this post. Yes, road service is top on the list of "must haves!" The baby is darling and the food it so luscious looking. If you someday open the door and a family with American accents (one slight Norwegian twang to it) is standing there looking very hungry, it will be me with my family coming to check out the food! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lemon slice looks very similar to one my mum used to make, so yummy!! My son destroyed his tyre recently too, I think it is the worst thing about having a teenager with a car lol, the stress that you feel every time they go out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love chow mein in this house too and it great on a cool night for dinner and leftovers even better for lunch the next day:0)....if there is any leftover.
    Road service does come in handy when we have kids travelling distances away from us as it isn't always possible to get to them to help.
    The weekend was cold and windy here and S2 was a t a 4wd and camping show all weekend for his busines and was frozen and windburnt when he got home.
    Almost forgot but that lemon slice looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dishcloths look great and all your food photos look scrumptious as usual. Glad Kirby got help quickly from the RAA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep going with the dishcloths Joolz I think they are also great in the present box for little gifts. I only use the pure cotton (because I scrounge the op shops and no bamboo appearing there yet) How do you find the bamboo mix? It feels a bit soft to me but I have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.