Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday This and That...

Monday sunrise...
~
I made a batch of dishwasher detergent...
~
But after a few loads, I am disappointed. I am getting a sandy residue in my glasses and some plates just aren't coming clean. Previous to this I was having sparkling washes. I run my washer on rain water and don't have a problem with normal dishtabs so I think I will revert back to them ... you can only try.
~
I also made a batch of laundry liquid and this seems to work fine. Our clothes really aren't dirty so stain removal isn't a problem. I got about 8 litres from the batch and it would have cost about $3.50 - I added lavender oil to it and the wash smells lovely and fresh.
~
I finished off 2 waffle weave cotton/bamboo dishclothes - they are fun to knit!
~
Our Sunday paddock fire turned into barbecue lunch...
~
~
The neighbours dogs must have liked the smell of our sausages cooking as they decided to visit... meet Floyd and Jacko!
~
Bonnie was not impressed with the interlopers and spent the next 4 hours up the tree...
~
Yesterday, we had the windiest day in ages! It blew all day, littering the town with tree branches and leaves, rubbish bins blew over, plus it was cold! Last night when I got home, this was the sunset... weird after such a cold day. Red sky at night, shepherds delight - they say...
This morning dawned freezing cold but the sun is now out and th wind has died down... The forecast for the next 6 days -
Today - 12C
Friday - 11C
Saturday - 13C
Sunday - 12C
Monday 13C
Tuesday - 12C
Winter is here early!
~
And lastly, another dishcloth finished this morning... the pattern is a cupcake with a cherry on top. I started this cloth back on Monday and had done about 26 rows when horrors! My knitting needle broke mid row!!! I tried to salvage the stitches but lost one so had to unpick and start again - I was so angry! I need to buy some more cotton before starting another - it's quite addictive.
~
I'm home alone tonight so Chow Mein is on the menu - can't wait to settle in for my favourite TV shows. I watch MasterChef at 7pm and tape SBS for the rest of the evening, then rewind and watch French Food Safari, Island Feast, skip Heston's Feasts (I've seen it before) then watch The Family (UK) - about the daily happenings of an Indian family living in London. It's getting interesting!
~
Last night I watched (part) of a show called "How clean is your house?" - OMG! - I would rate as OCD germophobe neat-freak compared to the guy they visited! He basically hasn't thrown out food, trash, rubbish items for 5 years! I don't think rats would go there! I don't understand how you could live like that!
~
This?
~
...or this? I know which room I'd rather watch TV in!
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. I love to knit dishcloths too. It's kind of instant gratification. But I give them all away, and have never used them myself. I'm going to have to make myself some.

    And I was also home alone today. I watched a show called 'Hoarders' this afternoon, then promptly went into my office and started sorting and tossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a dishwasher so I can't comment on your homemade powder. I do make my own laundry liquid and powder. In our front loader the powder seems to work better than the liquid.
    It was windy yesterday, we are high on a hill so really felt it. Today I was at the footy for Lachie and I've got to tell you, it was freezing. Tonight Darren will record River Cottage, Glee and Grey's Anatomy for me while I'm at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joolz, you have been a busy bee!

    It was freezing here today, didn't get above 10C! The wind was icy cold outside, so I sat in the nice warmth all day...very unusual for us to be that cold!!

    I love knitting/crocheting dishcloths, so long as I dont have to concentrate too hard on a pattern it's fine. I make a lot of mine just in garter stitch and make them a little bigger with 40-45 stitches. They turn out nice and thick...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just realised that I forgot about Family last night...@#*#@

    Read the other comments and realised that I forgot River Cottage double @#*$@.

    I hope I remember next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with the dishwasher thing. I have tried alternative too but have been left with staining(?) on the plates and the cutlery not so clean even though everything is rinsed.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.