Monday, February 27, 2012

First day of Uni...

We had a cracker of a sunset last night - red hot, pink and purple - glorious!
~
Today Bri starts her Bachelor of Nursing - good luck! - we know you will love it and will make a great and caring nurse.
~
I gave her room a spring clean yesterday - packed away most of her stuff that she has left behind so the room is neat for when she comes home next.
~
I have reclaimed my 'good room' dining table - all through 2011 it was littered with study and school material. Gone!
~
~
Not much else going on here except eating food, I guess. Friday night we had steak with 3 salads - yum!
~
Wednesday night we had Annette Sym's Satay sauce on chicken skewers with Basmati rice which I steamed with snow peas and bean shoots. Simple and delicious.

SATAY SAUCE (Book 3, page 42)
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/3 cup onion, diced finely
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder (I use dried ground chilli flakes, about 8 turns of the grinder)
3/4 cup evaporated light milk (Carnation)
1/2 teaspoon coconut essence.
~
In s small saucepan, spray with cooking spray then saute garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add all other ingredients combining together well, bring to the boil then leave to one side.
~
Skewer your meat - I used chicken but you could use pork or beef and fry off in a non-stick pan until cooked. Serve with rice.
~
Last night, Gus coated some Chicken Marylands in an African Spice mix and did potatoes in the oven and a tossed salad. I was good and didn't eat the skin on the chicken - too fatty!
~
This week brings another week of work then off to the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide on the weekend then the Taylor Swift concert on Sunday night - can't wait!
~
Cheers - Joolz

1 comment:

  1. My mind was with my girls today too. One started hher masters on Friday and the other third year today. Gosh time flies!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.