Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Christmas build up...

Do you put a wreath up at your door each Christmas? This is a new one I bought at the cheap shop ($7.95) then I added the red berries $2.95 and the jingly bells in the centre $3.95.
~
It's time to think of Christmas lunch preparations so we all know what to do on the day. We are having hot lunch so I have a bain marie organised to keep our food hot. Must get to and work out what everyone needs to do...
~
This is the Shepherds Pie I made last night for dinner. Instead of topping it with mashed potato, I made a puree of cauliflower (with milk and margarine, salt & pepper added) then topped it with a little cheese. It was delicious and carb free!
~
I thought I had better test that "Cookies in a Jar" recipe so I made a batch this afternoon. I added an extra 1/4 cup of flour as the mix was a bit sloppy. The turned out perfectly and I couldn't resist trying one. Deeeelicious! Crunchy, oaty, fruity and chocolatey! I plan on removing them from my house tomorrow!
~
Cheers - Joolz

7 comments:

  1. We are have a cold Christmas dinner this year(we usually do)Fresh Salads, local seafood plus the usual trimmings. I have to deicide on dessert but probably pavlova & trifles.
    You dressed the wreath up nice.
    Caroline xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas at your house looks beautiful and tasty, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea for the shepherds pie. I put a wreath up on our front door, should take a photo of it as it's a little different,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. From experience removing them from the house is the only way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are having a hot meal on Christmas day. People tell me I am crazy to do that, but it's a tradition I can't part with! It wouldn't seem like Christmas to me otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time in many years that we are having hot lunch. It seems to be coming together nicely now but I hear it's going to be 36C!
    Mercy!

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.