Saturday, February 28, 2009

My 100th post...

I am sitting here, home alone. 'A' is still a work, catching up, B15 has gone to Melbourne with her friend and won't be back until Monday after school and as you know, K18 is in Adelaide. Talk about empty nesters! I have ironed everything in sight, dinner is planned and I have watched "An Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.
*
So I am sitting here witha cup of peppermint tea, uploading these photos which are taking forever.
*
The peppermint tea may give way to a glass of wine shortly....
*
This is a piece of cross stitch that I started quite a while ago - it will be really pretty when I finish it. When.... (?)
*
I am doing it on 18 count ivory aida cloth. I love the patchwork hearts.
It's funny how I can't machine sew to save my life but I can tackle the hardest, intricate cross stitch pattern with ease.
*
I did this one back in 1990 while I was pregnant with K18.
*
...and this was was for Kirby in 1993
*
The detail and colours are amazing - I really enjoyed the challenge of this one.
*
Anyway, that's my 100th post, can't believe I've been blogging since August 08.
I have 'met' some wonderful people through blogland - there is always something of interest
to 'waste' my time. Also some very good advice and information and fun and friendship.
*
K18's first week in the city has been eventful - the traffic is a little daunting and the buses don't always pull up when they should. We nearly had a meltdown yesterday! Classes start this coming week so I hope things will settle down and she can establish a routine to suit herself. So far she is cooking her own meals, she has just mastered a front loader washing machine and done her first load of washing and tonight she will go out with some friends from school who are in town.
*
Have a restful weekend, I am....
Cheers - Joolz

11 comments:

  1. Oh aren't they just so pretty:)Such cute little bunnies:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joolz,
    100 posts, it seems like only yesterday you started your blog.
    Congratulations. (I had a lot of trouble loading photos today as well)
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joolz, congratulations on 100 posts. Your cross stitches are lovely. Cross stitch is my first love in craft especially sampler styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, thanks for visitng my little old blog. geez you made 100 posts quickly well done. i started back in april i think and have only just made it. reading your post makes me chuckle, my husband and i are dreaming of the day when we have an empty nest!! i know we will miss them when that time comes but at the moment just five seconds without an interruptions would be great:)
    i am the same as you sewing with a machine scares me but i can stitch all day long, not very well but it makes me feel good.

    %*_*% rosey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Joolz that didn't take long. 100 posts already, it took me 12months to reach 100.

    CONGRATULATIONS and I look forward to many more wonderful posts.

    x Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh... How pretty ! I used to love to do cross stitch, but unfortunately my hands don't cooperate anymore.

    Congratulations on your 100th post... and have a glass of wine to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, ladies!

    I love surfing your blogs and catching up with what is happening around the world and my country.
    Love it, love it!
    *big smiles*

    Cheers - Joolz :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 100th! Lovely cross stitch too by the way :)
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love counted x-stitch, and these are lovely! And congrats on your milestone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the 100th post and those gorgeous cross-stitch. I used to cross stitch too, although not big ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your 100th post.Mine was back near Christmas.I love the bunny needlepoint,would be so cute for easter.I have crocheted and sketched and did some knitting but i always thought needlepoint looked so tedious and hard to do,go figure lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.