Sunday, October 7, 2018

Banana blueberry bread...


This is a very moist loaf but very nice and not to bad for the waistline!
~
Weight Watchers Banana blueberry bread
Preheat oven to 170C fanforced.
Line and spray loaf tin
~
1 cup banana, mashed (2 bananas)
125g blueberries
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil - I used a bit less
1/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup wholemeal SR flour
1/3 cup white SR flour
~
Combine banana, berries, sugar, egg, oil and milk in a large bowl.  Add flours (you can sift but I don’t) and mix to a smooth batter.
Transfer to the loaf tin . Bake for 1 hour, turning around at half way point.
Stand bread in tin, before turning out to cool. Can be cut into 12 pieces, wrapped and frozen for later or enjoy warm.
~

*please note - the picture shows white plain flour - Yep, I made a booboo and should have used SR flour - but it really didn’t affect the loaf...
~

~

~

~
I’m back from our wonderful month away overseas...Scotland and Greece! I’ll try and get some pictures up soon!
Cheers - Joolz xx

8 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, Joolz. I was wondering why you weren't blogging. I didn't realise you were overseas. I would love to visit Scotland as my mum was born there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love banana bread, I wonder how many syns would be in a slice for a slimming world diet, hmmm. Glad you’re home safe and sound xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how your 'syn' points work for slimming world. It is a Weight Watchers recipe and you could even cut the sugar back to 1/4 of a cup as the fruit makes it sweet enough.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back Joolz, glad to hear of your safe return. This cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! That looks delicious! I made a crumble cake today, with a layer of cinnamon-y crumble near the top and then a drizzle of lemon icing. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh that looks scrumptious!
    i'm baulking at baking lately as things tend to burn or they're inedible! have turned into an Ellie-May (The Hillbillies) of cooking!
    i use spelt flour in baking now as regular flour leaves me very uncomfortable.
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I might go and bake this one up now.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.