Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Christmas care package for our soldiers...

(Pic from Facebook)
So, this popped up on Facebook the other day and I thought it would be great to send a couple of care packages to our troops in the Middle East for Christmas.  I know it’s been going on for years but this is the first time I’ve seen the address pop up in front of me. 

If you keep the parcel under 2 kg, Australia post send it free.
~

I bought two postage boxes (for a male and female) and then went shopping, having to fill each box but keep it just under 2 kg.  I chose food stuffs over toiletries as they are heavy and you wouldn’t get much in for 2 kg.

This is the tip of the iceberg as far as what you can put in there.  I just thought they’d like things that they haven’t tasted in a while.  A bit of fun!  I also added a pack of Twinings Australian Afternoon tea, a good pair of socks and an Aussie Christmas card, thanking the soldier for their service and a wish that they stay safe.  
~

It all packed up well and I was just under the 2 kg mark.  Each box cost about $40 to put together
~
~




If you’d like to send a box of cheer, the cut off point is December 8th.

Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Joolz. I'd love to do this with the boys. Not sure we'll get there for this year but might start collecting things ready for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a great thing to do to bring awareness to the boys about our troops overseas. Great geography discussions, history etc. But you already know that, as their educator. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never knew that we could send other items besides knitted ones (socks & beanies) mmm, wonder if any of them do hand crafts in their leisure times?
    interesting treats you put in there, i guess it would be the snacks they would miss out on.
    it's a lovely thought
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.