Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A busy week...


I ordered a Kangaroo Island Relief Hamper through Hamper Emporium - I am really pleased with it for the price.  I paid $100 and I think it is great value.  The wine is a $30 bottle, the shampoo and conditioner are $42/set, 2 x olives at $7.95 ea, olive oil $12.95, rolled oats $6.00, plus the other items so well over $100.  They also give a donation to the KI Mayors Fund...
~

We've started doing Meatless Mondays.  This is a Moroccan Lentil Shepherd's Pie, quite delicious and ZERO points.  The roast pumpkin topping was delicious!
~

I served it with steamed greens, also 0 points...
~

I also had enough for 2 lunches to freeze...
~

The weather has been odd of late...very humid with chilly mornings, quite foggy.  Just look how green the park lands are now, after that big rain we had.
~

~

~

Tuna Tuesday meant I needed to search the WW app to find a recipe.  These are Tuna mornay vegetable bakes...
~

Husband declared it the best tuna morney he's ever had...not sure if he was joking or for real but they certainly were tasty...
~

Muesli, fruit and half a serve of yoghurt for breakfast...
~

I did a comparison of these 2 blueberry yoghurts I had in the fridge.  Bearing in mind the Dairy Farmers is not a low fat one but it just goes to show how you can cut back by using a low fat option.
~
The Chobani one is 170 gms and 5 points and the DF one is 150 gms and 9 points.
Chobani - total Fat 0.3, Sat. fat 0.2, Sugar 16.7, Kjs 564.4 and Protein 13.6 
D/F - total Fat 9.3, Sat. fat 6.0, Sugar 20.2, Kjs 822 and Protein 5.7
~

Wednesday night, I was a bit over everything so just coated chicken breasts in a crumb coating and baked until tender.  Servied with roasted potatoes, pumpkin and zucchini and sweet corn...
~

On my morning walk, I noticed these shrubs which were bursting into bloom...
~

I have been told they are Crepe Myrtles, something I'd heard of but never seen in flower...lovely!
~


Yummy porridge again...

~

Put my car through the car wash on Thursday...
~

My nephew gifted us a crayfish so I made 3 salads to enjoy with it.  It was delicious!
~

Friday morning, the horizon was cloudy at sunrise, quite spectacular...
~

~

~

Ugh!  I tried Woolworths Macro Linseed & Sunflower 85% Lower Carb bread - husband complained about it, saying it was not good.   I thought he was a bit whingy until I tried it.  I think eating cardboard would've have more taste.  I actually cut off the crusts so I could chew it!  I did not enjoy it with my eggs at all!  Never again!
~

...and after saying my tomatoes would never ripen, I finally had a red one!
~

I picked it but it wasn't very juicy...
~
We headed off to Adelaide for the weekend.  A special Valentines Day for us and wedding venue hunting on Sunday...the bride and groom think they've found the spot!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.