Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Easing into healthy eating...


I'm into the second week of my Weight Watchers "lifestyle" and I am really enjoying it.  I love this type of salad plate and it came in at 5 points (only because I added 25gms tasty cheese for 4 points).  Otherwise it would have been 1 point for the little tin of tuna in springwater.  I love cheese but I counted it in and its still a good low point meal.
~

Dinner last night was a tasty Chicken and chickpea tagine and a one pot wonder in my new casserole. I sauteed off an onion (and I added celery for taste) then added 1 1/2 tbspn Moroccan spice, 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger and garlic then nestled the skinless chicken legs in.  In went 400gms sweet potato, 2 parsnips and I also added a carrot (I like to bulk up the veggies where I can), 1 1/2 cups chicken stock and a can of drained chickpeas.  I then popped it in the oven for 2 hours at about 170C, turning the legs a few times.  Just before serving, I threw in a huge handful of baby spinach and nestled that in to wilt.
~

~

I served it with plain cous cous and steamed broccolini.  The best part is that I have a nice meal for tonight's dinner as I will be dining solo - no cooking! Yum!
~

Another 2.5 km walk this morning.  It was quite cool at 6.20am and hazy clouds hiding the sun...
~

The local council are developing this parkland area and it is really lovely.  It has good walking tracks and they've planted a heap of native plants along the drain bank.  It is a great place to brings dogs for walks and of course we have our Domain mega playground and a new Nature space playground in the works.  I'll try and take pics tomorrow.  Kids are going to nuts about that!  They have also re-developed the old tennis courts, re-fencing the area and putting up basketball nets.  Its great to see initiatives to get kids away from their screens and having a run around instead.
~

Breakfast this morning - 25gms quick oats, 1/3 cup Pura Tone skim milk, 2 tspn maple syrup, 15 gms muesli....6 points.
~

~
Have a great day!

Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. I love one pot meals. Just throw everything in and leave it to do its own thing. I also love solo meals, always leftovers here.

    It sounds like you are going well with your healthy living plan. Mornings are the best part of the day, and you have a lovely place to walk, unlike my dusty road lol!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.