Saturday, June 16, 2018

A quick road trip to Port Lincoln...


Way back on the Friday, 1st of June, we headed to Adelaide to deliver some vehicles.  I pulled into town right on rush hour.  It took me an extra half an hour to get to the girl’s house.
~

I earned this!
~

Next morning, we headed out of town at 7.30am, bound for Port Lincoln...
~

~

~

~

~

~

We passed through Port Augusta at 10.40am and Whyalla at 11.20am but we still had a long way to go! 
~

We had a nice lunch at the Sea Breeze Hotel in Tumby Bay...before heading off again...
~

~

Silo art...
~

We finally hit Port Lincoln at 3pm.  We had to swap wheels and tyres on the new vehicle for ones the owner wanted on it, wash and spruce it up before delivering to the excited owner.
While Gus did most of that, I got in some retail therapy at the local Target store.  I scored some nice boots for $39 and a poncho for $25.
~

The view of the bay from the Port Lincoln Hotel...we’ve done around 650 kms today! 
We had dinner with friends before heading home around 10.30pm after a very big day.
~

Our morning view...
~

Sunrise...
~

A hearty breakfast for me...but I didn’t eat the hash browns or sausages. Gus ate the mushrooms.
~

On our return trip, we had lunch in Port Augusta, out at the Arid Lands Cafe...I had the delicious Boobialla pumpkin salad and Gus had the Banjo tuna patties.
~

We didn’t have time to go around the arid lands gardens nor visit Outback Tania, which was unfortunate.  Next time, I promise!
~

We left Port Augusta and pulled into Adelaide just before 6pm.   I drove 200kms so Gus could do paper work and get set for Monday....

Cheers - 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! that's a lot of driving in a day!
    beautiful photos
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Port Lincoln, Joolz. The bay looks beautiful. You sure did a lot of driving, must've been tired when you got back home. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.