Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Catching up...

I’ve finally had a chance to catch up on my boring old blog...life gets in the way so sometimes!
~

I’m still enjoying the Weight Watchers meals that I cook.  
~
Monday, May 14 weigh in - 80.3 kgs so a loss of 400 gms but what a yo-yo I am!  For 5 weeks I have been in the 80 point something kg range, going up and down but can’t crack it into the 70’s!
~

I made this yummy breakfast burrito on Thursday.  Pioneer woman makes them for her hard working family to take out on the prairie - except her scrambled eggs feature cream and lots of full fat cheese...mine was a bit kinder to my waistline...so I like to think! 
~
Assemble whatever you’d like to put into the eggs.  Clean out the fridge and use all those tired vegetables lurking in there!  That broccolini had been in there a day or two, leftover...
~

Gently dry fry the veg until tender then add in 2 whisked eggs and let it cook away gently...
~

That’s how you want it...
~

I used 2 rye Mountain Bread which is 2 points a sheet but you could use one.  Being the first time I did this, I didn’t want it going soggy and falling apart.  You can use any wrap of your choice but these are the lowest in points.  Spread the eggs out along the wrap, season with herbs, salt and pepps as desired. I sprinkled on 25 gms 50% low fat cheddar because I am a cheese fiend!
~

Wrap that baby up like a newborn then you can either wrap it in foil to refrigerate then rewarm in the oven a bit later...
~

...or eat the deliciousness right away! That’s what I did!
Here’s the breakdown in points...
Eggs x 2 - O
50 gms lean ham - 2
Rye Mountain bread - 4
25 gms cheese - 2
Broccolini, onion, capsicum - all 0
So an 8 point very filling breakfast - or would be good for brunch! I would have added mushrooms if I had some.
~

Dinner that night was pork loin steaks with roasted apple (why have I never done that before?) with braised cabbage (with balsamic and brown sugar) and a creamy mustard sauce...honestly, is this Weight Watchers?
~

I am not usually a scarf person but this one took my eye in a local shop so I bought it.  It will come in handy when travelling to dress up plain black tops etc...
~

Friday night, I made this Healthy Pasta Bake with chicken mince - an easy Friday night dinner.
~
Saturday, I high tailed it to Adelaide to see my girlies! Brianna was having her tonsils out on Monday so I needed to be there for that and to “nurse the nurse” after the operation...
~

This was our first Mother’s Day without mum...
~

The Mother’s Love rose is still blooming...
~

We had breakfast on Mother’s Day morning - I treated myself to a homemade Egg and Bacon McMuffin - I scored it 10 points but hey, it’s Mother’s Day, right?
~

Then I accompanied Kirby to the gym where she did her routine set by her PT.  I hopped onto one of the treadmills (never been on one before!) and clocked up 3.5 kms.  I think that got rid of the McMuffin!
~

Bri arrived home later in the morning and I then received my gift from them.  
Some beautiful Peter Alexander pyjama pants and a cute little Mimco bracelet. Spoiled!
~

I provided the recipe and Kirby made lunch...
~

It was delicious - we hadn’t tried the wild rice blend before.
~

Then to totally blow my points for the day, we went out to Chianti, a lovely italian restaurant in the city...
This was Kingfish which we shared...
~

Bri and I had this interesting pasta stuffed pillows with octopus...very rich!
~

Kirby had the salmon...
~

Oh, the rhubarb and ginger creme brûlée was to die for! 
~

Tiramisu for Kirby...
~

...and cannoli for Brianna...

Scrumdiddlyum!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. wow all those meals looks totally delicious! glad you enjoyed your time out.
    try eliminating wheat & sugar from your diet, this may help you get down into the 70s;
    i eat sourdough bread as most others make me bloat but when i had my tooth extraction (wisdom) done i couldn't eat anything too solid so bread was out for nearly 2 weeks, i noticed my stomach had shrunk in this time, (i'm not very big anyway) but it was quite noticeable on my small frame; so just thought i'd mention this, in case you want to test this for yourself :))
    good luck
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.