Saturday, September 16, 2017

Saturday again...

...thank goodness!
Another week has passed and I'm still coughing (so is Gus).  Each day the cough is a bit different but ever present.  If I talk, I cough!
Last night, I thought I was getting crook again - a headache (I haven't had one for a long time) and just tired.  I woke up in the middle of the night in a head sweat then it took me a while to get back to sleep.  This morning, I'm still cough, cough, coughing and intend to do very little this weekend.

Dinner last night was what I call zucchini vegetable slice but I guess it's like a frittata. I packed all sorts of veggies into it - fresh corn 🌽 zucchini, carrot 🥕 mushroom 🍄 capsicum, spinach, tomatoes 🍅 and onion - then 5 eggs, a splash of light cream, a tablespoon of flour, salt and pepper and parsley.
It was yummy served with some lamb cutlets. I was too lazy to do a green salad 🥗....
~

For as long as I can remember, probably back to when I was 4 or 5 years old, Golden crumpets have been packaged in this way.  I don't think the font or logo has ever changed, or the cello wrapper. I love crumpets spread with Vegemite or golden syrup and enjoy them buttered with baked beans for breakfast or lunch.
~
Is there something from your childhood that still remains the same?  


Arnott's biscuits are still pretty much the same although I have noticed with these Yoyo biscuits, they are thinner and seem less buttery...but I still like them from time to time.  Fancy me buying biscuits! 😮
~
Now I am off to make this 
from Marie at The English Kitchen.
  I forsee many cups of tea being had this weekend.  Then I need to sort out some DVD viewing 
or something to watch on Netflix or Stan or iView or SBS on Demand....
Have a lovely, restful weekend,

Cheers - Joolz xx

8 comments:

  1. Nothing pops into my head as being the same, but thanks for asking because now it is going to nag at me. LOL Hope you both continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? There must be something that is still around from your younger days that is still the same? 🙂

      Delete
  2. We love crumpets here too with honey.
    I was in a lolly shop the other day looking for a cake tin as they have lots of baking supplies. Anyway they stock all the old lollies. I saw Choo Choo Bars, Redskins and so much more. They looked the same. I remember we would go up to the corner milk bar and buy a bag of mixed lollies for .20cents and walk home with our little white paper bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely bags of lollies! We used to take a soft drink bottle to the shop and trade it for 20c worth of lollies and you got quite a bit for 20c - not like nowadays!

      Delete
  3. Hi

    Thank goodness my cough has gone - it is exhausting coughing all the time.

    Your pill organiser is a better version than mine - a bit longer.

    Can you please tell me where you got it from - I now have two additional tablets to take for my cold sores.

    Thank you. and I hope you feel much better soon..


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kellie. A few more days taking it slow and keeping indoors surely will see me right.
      I got the pill organiser from Chemist King, they had a few different ones. I also have a compact round one but the big fish oil capsule barely fits!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Joolz - I am going to start to rattle if I take any more tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope a restful weekend sees your right and sends that cough packing! Golden crumpets were a treat when I was growing up with butter and golden syrup. I don't think the packaging has changed either. I think it's nice that some things do stay the same. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.