Sunday, February 19, 2017

Joolz's Moozli...

...well Clare's Muesli really. I have just made a second batch of this delicious roasted muesli (or granola, depending where you're from).
This stuff is seriously good! You can swap in or out any of the ingredients. I don't like walnuts so I added a few more pepitas and sunflower seeds. I also added dried blueberries and cranberries. You could add dried apricots. You could omit all fruit to lower the sugar content.
In todays batch, I have used 'new to me' Rice Malt Syrup. It's an alternative to honey and 100% fructose free (327 calories in 100gm compared to Honey 304 calories - I just googled this so maybe its no better than honey afterall as a sweetner...) but it is slighly less sweet. I'm so scientific!

Anyway, I have been enjoying it with yoghurt and grated apple - yum!
Clare's Muesli1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
2/3 cups walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup pepitas
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup dates, chopped (I used medjool)
1 cup oats
1 cup flaked almonds
1 cup dessicated coconut (I used shredded)
1 tspn cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey (or rice malt syrup)
Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with gladbake.
In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Melt the honey and oil
together and pour over dry ingredients. Mix really well. Spread evenly onto
the oven trays. Bake 8 minutes, then stir and turn it. Bake another 4 minutes
until golden and toasty.
.... depending on your oven, you may need to do it a bit longer. Do not let it burn!
Cheers - Joolz xx





3 comments:

  1. That looks REALLY good!

    Walnuts...pbbblllttt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make our muesli. I don't think it works out any cheaper but it sure tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.