Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Doilies do it for me!

I found this perfect doily at our local antique shop. The colours match the room perfectly! $8
~
This pure white doily has a few stains but I just soaked it and the other one in a hot Napisan mix and it came out spotless!
~
Its very dainty and in perfect condition!
~
I also found this treasure in perfect condition.  It is Burleigh Arden pattern.  They also had a little teapot to match but it was very chipped and stained. The guy said it was around 200 years old. I left that there as I hate chipped china.
~
We were invited to dinner at our friends house so I baked some dinner rolls to take.
~
~
I also made this layered Mexican dip from Annette Sym's book 3.  Mix refried beans and salsa together and spread in bottom of dish.
~
Mash avocado and stir in taco seasoning...
~
Carefully spread avo mix on top of salsa mix...
~
Spread yoghurt over avo mix then top with green capsicum, seeded tomato and onion.
~
Finally sprinkle with grated cheese and a little bit more taco mix.
This is a great healthy dip to share at a party. Serve with rice crackers or corn chips.

 http://www.symplytoogood.com.au/newsletter-mix-it-up/mexican-dip
 
 We stayed at our friends place last night then travelled home this morning.  I'm feeling a bit slow today!  :)

Cheers - Joolz xx

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.