Monday, October 26, 2015

Bedroom makeovers...


We have two brand new queen bed ensembles coming.  We chose this chest of drawers for both bedrooms. Keeping it simple with just that...
~

...and two bedside tables either side of the ensemble bed.  No bedhead at this stage. Each room has built-in wardrobes.
~
Brianna's room will be mint green with a pop of pale coral.  Nice and cool and neutral.
~

Kirby chose a white waffle doona cover, dark charcoal quilted European pillows, piped with peach and the pale peach inksplotch cushion.  More colour can be added with another coloured cushion.
~
We bought all of this...

Queen Mint quilt cover/2 pillowcases
Queen White waffle quilt cover/2 pillowcases
Coral cushion
Inksplotch cushion
2 mint European cushion covers
2 charcoal European cushion covers

...for $327.00.   Quite a bargian as Kirby's quilt cover alone was originally $200 down to just $60!

I also bought 2 x Queen white sheet sets from Target - $59 each.  I have these sheets on our bed and they are large and generous.  Nothing worse than sheets that don't fit the mattress or tuck in with enough width each side.
~
So, as I said, now I just need Gus to make the furniture up!  And of course, he has so much spare time on his hands!  Completion date - January!
~
Joolz xx

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking about making a trip to IKEA tomorrow. It's a couple of hours one way, so I may reconsider. But I've been compiling a list for months. I love putting together IKEA furniture. I've done all our bookcases and their height extensions. A bed may be another story all together however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those girls are lucky - the new bedrooms are going to look wonderful. I'm liking both the colour schemes. Good budgeting too Joolz.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.