Thursday, September 24, 2015

A good egg...

I love a good egg for breakfast - unfortunately most store bought googs just don't have a good taste - even the so- called free range ones.  I don't know anyone who has eggs for sale from their chooks at the moment so I was excited to see these eggs for sale - produced only 15kms away - by footloose and fancy free hens, no less!
~
Oh, yum! This is how I like my eggs poached - perfectly hard white and medium runny yolk.  The flavour was tasty, unlike those store bought cackleberries!
The price, I realise is over the top, so I might have to buy these as 'special occasion' bum nuts! But at .58 cents each, I think they are worth it!
~
I made a batch of salad dressing - I love this on iceberg lettuce and it makes great curried eggs too!
~
Yesterday, my cat Bonnie, left this for me.  I nearly stepped on it as I went out to the garage! Naughty! 
~
We entertained some business associates last night - we ordered Indian takeaway (and they paid)!  I made my own naan bread, raita and a delicious cucumber, tomato, red onion and chilli salad with a lime, sugar, red wine vinegar dressing.  I tipped each dish into bowls which looked much nicer than takeaway containers...
~
I'm still coughing but I do feel a bit better, not so run down. My better half has it too and is still congested and miserable. 
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are still not 100%. These coughs can really linger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh joolz my chooks are pumping out eggs atm. If you are in the Mt, happy to meet up and give you some.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.