Sunday, September 27, 2015

60th cake...

My sister was throwing a surprise 60th for my brother-in-law, at their beach shack.  I offered to make the cake as it would be hard for her to do that.  She had lots of trouble keeping it a secret!
~
I used this recipe which I found at Destitute Gourmet - it makes a lovely moist cake or a big batch of cupcakes...


~
~
The cake cracked on top and rose way above the tin...
~
~
...so I trimmed off the top with my electric knife...
~
Snow is a Collingwood fan so I decorated in black and white...
~
I printed off the 60 signs and laminated them to make them food safe...
~
The batch of cupcakes turned out well too!
~
I piped icing on then sprinkled on the decorations, easy peasy!
~
~
Next, the cake was slathered in frosting and sprinkles...
~

~

It turned out really well!
~
The surprise party went off without a hitch and Snow was pretty surprised but he had an inkling something was up.  We enjoyed shared salads and barbecued meats.
~
Cheers - Joolz xx
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. The cake looks great Joolz. My husband is a Collingwood fan too I'm sure he'd love this.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.