Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gifted pasta sauce...

 

There really is nothing nicer than to be given some beautiful food and in this case it was a big tub of Italian pasta sauce from Bri's friend, Maddy and her Mum, Dina.

It was purely a tomato based sauce so I decided to make some chicken meatballs to go into it.
I had seen a recipe for Italian Wedding Chicken Soup on Estelle's blog so I thought I'd use the meatball part of the recipe. Good move! The soup recipe will be made over winter, it sounds so good!
~
~
I used dried herbs in the meatballs but fresh would be fantastic too. I just lightly fried them off in a pan...

...then I added in this tub of goodness!

Bubble and boil it while your choice of pasta is cooking....
~

Tah dah! Authentic Italian at it's best!

Are you still eating Christmas treats? I still have a little stash of some of the goodies I made.....
~
This morning, Not Quite Nigella, had these featured on her blog. Oh, my goodness!

(Beautiful photo from Not Quite Nigella)

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2015/01/20/iced-vovo-cupcakes/

I really think I need to make these cupcakes for Australia Day! Do you like Iced Vovo biscuits? I do!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iced_VoVo

They are an Aussie icon, I reckon...

What about these other wonderful recipes?

Lamington Tiramisu

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2010/01/25/lamington-tiramisu-aka-lamingtonmisufor-australia-day/

Tim Tam Bombe

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2013/01/22/tim-tam-bombe-diy-ice-magic/

Beer can chicken - we've cooked this several times - so good!

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/11/25/a-dinky-di-ridgy-didge-australian-chook/

We will be busy on the Australia Day Long Weekend as we have bought a house for our girls to live in and will be moving them into that. Its a 3 bedroom house, much bigger than the 2 bed unit they have been in. They need their space a bit more now as Bri will be doing shift work with nursing. Their bedrooms are separated by the living area so neither will have to tiptoe around if the other is sleeping. It also means we have the 3rd bedroom for when we visit so we dont have to kick them out of their beds.

It's all very exciting!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love those Aussie recipes Joolz!

    Those meatballs sound nice, I might have to make them soon. I am always looking for something new to try.

    Good luck with the move on the weekend. I am sure the girls will be a lot more settled in a house they can call home :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marie

    I will have a look at your blog soon!

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.