Sunday, September 28, 2014

Gardener's Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub...

I found this great recipe for this hand scrub here ...

http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/DIY-Gardener-Hand-Scrub-35589015

I had some coconut oil in the pantry (from memory is cost about $15 for the 300gm jar)...

Combine the zest and oil in a bowl...

Then mix in the sugar and essential oils ...

(I used eucalyptus and didn't have peppermint oil on hand)

Then add the detergent. I had to add a bit more sugar...

It had a gooey consistency...

It made these 3 jars - I tried a tablespoonful on my hands and gave them a good rub then rinsed off. Brilliant stuff!

Give it a go!

PS: Can you tell I'm happy to be back home in my kitchen?? Joolz xx

PPS: I think I will use Blogsy again for posting. I just did this complete post including writing out the recipe and then it bloody disappeared on me (not the first time that's happened!)

4 comments:

  1. That does sound like good stuff Joolz, I will definitely try it. Coconut oil can be found in the Chinese section at Woollies (ours anyway) for about $6 a jar and it is organic. It is dearer in the health section. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that tip Tania. I have been meaning to buy some for the longest time, I'll check there first!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic scrub. We have oodles of lemons so I must just give it a go.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful. I find that I wash my hands almost constantly since I've had kids and they often feel very dry. I'm sure coconut oil would help a lot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.