Monday, June 16, 2014

New Heaven ...

That is the name of a new Indian restaurant that has opened in our small town. Because I make our curries we hadn't needed to try it out.

But yesterday we both agreed to have a night off in the kitchen. We ordered one entree of samosas - large potato and pea filled pastries, nice and spicy.

For mains we got a chicken saagwalla (its got lots of spinach so its a horrible dark green) and lamb rogan josh and a yoghurt raita. For rice we ordered Kashmiri pulao which had fruit and nuts in it. I had homemade naan bread in the freezer...

All totally delicious and fairly big servings so there is leftovers for lunch today. We are lucky to have this little gem in our town but I will still make our curries from scratch. Working with the spices and getting the right balance is half the fun!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a break from the kitchen! How do you freeze your nan bread? Do you have to put baking paper in between them? Also how do you reheat? In the oven or the grill? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I place a piece of paper towel between each one and I reheat in the oven. They come out like they've just been made.

      Delete
  2. Gosh I love Indian! We got our first Indian restaurant in Gympie a few years ago...and now we have six! Lovely for a treat every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great for our town (pop. 5000) as we only have 3 pubs that serve average meals (deep fried mostly), 1 pizza bar and 2 chicken/fish n chips shops. Take away really isn't very appealing, that's why we don't do it very often. But now with this alternative, a night off from cooking every now and then will be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and we have a Community Club which probably has the best selections of meals.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, that meal looks completely to-die-for! I need to find me some authentic-tasting Indian recipes. We don't have an Indian restaurant in Our Town but I prefer it to Thai (which we do have).

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.