Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Herman the German Friendship Cake...

 As you remember, on Saturday the 26th, I received a Herman starter so I thought I'd keep you up to date with his progress.  Above is Day 1 as he arrived on my bench top!
~
 I transferred him to a large bowl and covered him with a clean tea towel.  This is what he looked like next day.
~
 Day 3 - there was quite a bit of bubbling action...
~
 ... and today not so many bubbles but the mixture had risen a bit.
~
I had to feed him today so he got a cup of plain flour, cup of sugar and cup of milk added and stirred in.  Now he just hangs about for another four days, being stirred until its time to feed him again.
~
If you'd like to start a friendship cake, check out the website here.
~
Cheers - Joolz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.