Saturday, September 21, 2013

An anniversary and other stuff from the week...

We celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary yesterday.  My lovely hubby  sent me flowers which arrived at work, mid morning.
~
~
  Aren't they gorgeous?
~
Wow, where has 27 years gone?  Thank goodness, some bridesmaids dresses have improved over the years!
~

I have revived my azalea - it got a bit neglected while we were away and all the pretty flowers were shrivelled and dried.  A good watering and I dead headed it and it has sprung back to life.  I love this colour!
~
Ahem, this is my back garden - badly in need of a good weeding and cutting back.  Most of the roses (carpet/ground cover) have not been pruned.
~
They have all shot out nice and healthy but there are old rose hips from last summer which still need trimming off.  Will try and get to that job this weekend as the weather is meant to be fine.
~
I made Annette Sym's Macaroni Beef for Wednesday nights dinner.  It a very satisfying dish but low in fat so that's a bonus.  Recipe link here
~
I had a win at our local Target Country store earlier this week.  I went in looking for a queen bed sheet set for Kirby.  I found one (flat sheet, fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases) but couldn't see how much it was.  I asked a sales assistant who told me it was $139 (which I thought pricey).  I said "Don't suppose they're going on sale soon?" and she said "Actually, the sale starts tomorrow on all manchester."  I couldn't believe my luck, that never happens to me.  I thanked her and said I'd be back next morning.  I ended up buying a QB set for $69.50, a KB set for $74.50, a normal QB set for 22.50 and that light coloured cushion on the bed for $12.  Total purchase $178.50, total saving $169.50 - yippee!
~
Thursday night we had Pork with pan fried apples - a recipe from Taste.com here
~
My sauce looks darker than the recipe picture but it sure was tasty.  I used pork chops instead of fillet too as the supermarket didn't have fillet. Yum!
~
Yesterday, I got all my postcards and brochures etc from our trip to the US and organised them in a scrap book, all in date and city/town order.  It was a job that I thought would takes hours but it wasn't so bad once I sorted everything into towns first.  Then I just glued or sticky taped things in.  I am not sure how I will choose what photos to get printed off.  I want to do some, but excluding some is the hardest part!
~
Time to go get stuck into that garden while the sun is shining.  I'm just going to do a bit today then a bit more tomorrow so I don't do my back or neck in!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary.....and what gorgeous flowers! We have been married 27 years in December......our wedding outfits were very similar lol.....good old taffeta dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary for yesterday. It's a nice day for anniversaries and birthdays in my opinion.
    I like the look of your garden weeds or no and the azalea is very pretty (close in colour to those bridesmaids dresses).
    Yum for your dinners as always.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.