Monday, May 27, 2013

Retro Chicken Parcels ...

 The MOTH loves his Weber (gas barbecue) and as he cooks on the weekends, he pours over the cookbooks, planning out meals.  Last night he chose to do these Chicken Packets.
~
I quartered a fresh chook for him then he got the parcels organised.
~
This was absolutely delicious!  The chicken was moist and there was just enough sauce in each parcel which we drizzled over the chicken.
~
~
Add a fresh green salad and a baked potato in its jacket - YUM!
~
Naughty dessert - strawberries in Cointreau with Weight Watchers icecream.
~
MOTH has a bit of a clean up and loaded up all these bottles for me to take for recycling.  In South Australia, each beer stubby, bottle and can, water bottles, flavoured milk cartons etc all have a return value of .10c - 10 cans then equals $1.00!  We save ours up, put them back in their boxes and take them to the recycle centre which is only 2 minutes away from where we live.
~
All our empty water bottles and drink cans.
~
 I am $46.20 richer this morning for taking time to recycle.  How cool is that?
~
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. We take our cans and bottles in about twice a year and end up with over $100. We collect regularly when out walking, I take a bag with me from time to time :)

    I like the sound of those chicken packets, will definitely try them, in my oven though :)

    Wish I had someone to cook for me once in a while :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chicken parcels look really yummy!!.....and of course the strawberries lol

    Recycling our cans and bottles is one of the things I really miss about SA! It still seems such a waste here in Victoria to just throw them in the bin. We used to end up with around $100 a year from our cans and bottles, money which we used to put towards our trip to the Royal Adelaide Show each year. Now we just have to rely on putting our loose change into our piggy bank and saving that...needless to say it isn't going so well lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish recycling for money was available all around Australia! It would be great to get a reward for it..all our bottles and cans go into the recycling bin and just taken away..no refunds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that is cool! The girls do bottle drive fund-raisers here (U.S.) all the time. People who don't see the value of returning their cans and bottles make for happy treasurers!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.