Saturday, April 6, 2013

FruChoc Hot Cross Buns ...

FruChocs are a South Australian Icon - they are made in a factory just down the road from where our girls live (how convenient!).  They have an apricot/peach centre covered in glossy chocolate and they are delicious.  My girls don't like fruit spice buns at Easter so I decided to try my hand at FruChoc HXB's...
~
I used  Laucke Sweet Bread and Bun mix (2 x 500gms in pack) - it's South Australian too.
~
I made the dough using my mixer (yes, I lugged it all the way to Adelaide), let it prove then added in the chopped FruChocs.  I rolled them into balls and placed them in a lined, greased cake tin.
~
It said to cover them with cling wrap and let them prove again for 30 minutes.
~

They rose really well so then it was into the oven...
~

They turned out beautifully!  I glazed them with a sugar/water glaze which I boiled on the stove until it had thickened.
~

~
~
I was so pleased with the way they turned out.  I will be using this mix again but will try fruit spiced buns (for me) which will be more like traditional HXBuns.  That will be later in winter.
~
Joolz xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.