Friday, August 31, 2012

Remembering Diana ...


Fifteen years ago, Diana, Princess of Wales passed away. She was my idol - I was fascinated by the Royal family but especially Diana. I remember hearing the news that she had been injured in a car accident and was watching the TV when they announced that she had actually died as a result. Such shocking news - I stayed glued to the TV all day - regular programming was scrapped for a constant live feed from Paris and London all that day. I lit a candle for her.
~
I have a box of videos, books, stamps, newspaper cuttings and magazines etc of her...
~
Not long after she passed away, I worked this fine cross stitch in her memory.
~

2 comments:

  1. Her death was so shocking to me. It took a long time for me to absorb it and get past it. The cross stitch is lovely.
    We are starting to feel slightly Autumn-ish here :)
    blessings,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her death was difficult for everyone who admired her beauty. She was a fabulous mother.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.