Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beef Cannelloni...

I have had a couple of requests to share this recipe which I made up - I hope you like it.
~
Beef Cannelloni
500 gms lean beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 big cup of mushrooms, sliced/chopped
1 tspn beef stock powder dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1 large jar of your favourite pasta sauce
(I like Bertolli sauces personally as the flavour is very good)
1/2 cup light cream
salt & pepper to taste
~
1. Saute onions and garlic in 2 tspns olive oil until just soft. Add in minced beef and brown off.
2. Add in the mushrooms (you could also add grated carrot & zucchini to hide veggies!)
3. Add about 1/3 of the jar of sauce and the beef stock liquid. Stir in and let cook about 2 minutes.
4. Add the cream and stir through. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down a bit.
5. I use the dry cannelloni tubes but you could use fresh lasagne sheets and roll them up.
(Barilla are good and the site has some yummy looking recipes)
Once cooled, I use this method to fill the tubes here. (bonus cannelloni recipe too)
~
Place the stuffed tubes in a baking dish/lasagne dish. Add about 1/2 cup of water to the remaining pasta sauce then pour over the cannelloni. The extra water is needed to soften the shells as they cook. Top with grated low fat cheese, cover with foil and bake about 40 minutes at 180C. Remove foil and brown cheese topping a further 1o minutes. Test with skewer to make sure pasta is tender.
~
Serve with side salad and garlic bread if you like.
Enjoy!
~
Welcome to Sue (time to start that blog up again, girl!)- I hope you like the recipe - and I'd love to hear more about your weight loss journey and busy life with those grandies! I have my fingers crossed that a SA Weight Watchers group are starting up in my town soon so I will be one of the first there, banging the door down to let me in!
~
...and in news just in... have a look what I have just done while stacking the dishwasher.
~
Glass everywhere!
~
I knocked a drinking glass off over the kitchen bar and KAZSHING! It went off like a bomb! Time to get the vacuum cleaner out, grrrr!
~
Catch you all later,
Joolz :)


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe! :) It looks wonderful. Sorry about the glass on the floor. That's never fun to clean up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. Sorry about the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joolz for your very hearty welcome and being the first to comment on my own blog. Also thanks for the recipe which i will hopefully cook on Saturday Night if all goes according to plan, but with a DD a set of 3 YO twins and a 4 month old baby, lets just say that nothing really goes to plan. In answer to your question - no partner - i really dont have time for one. :)i will update my blog as soon as our life here has calmed a little. Just some stuff to deal with first.
    Hope you have a great day
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.