Tuesday, August 30, 2011

San Choy... take a Bau!...

I pulled out this book yesterday and decided we would have San Choy Bau - we all like it in this house so that is a plus! There are so many good recipes in this book, I will be doing more during the week.
~
Prepare all the vegetables - you could add more if you want (eg. corn kernels, zucchini, beans, peas) ...
~
Cook it all off in the wok...
~
Add the sauces and admire the aroma!
~
Serve in lettuce cups or flour tortillas.


San Choy Bau

1 tspn peanut oil
1 small onion, chopped
100gms button mushrooms, sliced
1 carrot, grated or finely chopped (I added this in)
2 tspn minced ginger (I forgot to buy it so I sprinkled powdered ginger)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300gms lean chicken mince (I used 500gms)
6 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbspn Maggi Oyster Sauce
2 tbspn soy sauce
2 tbspn fresh lime juice
1.5 cups fresh coriander leaves (crap - totally forgot to get some! - so I used dried)
iceberg lettuce leaves for cups or warm tortillas
~
1. Heat oil in a wok at medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, mushrooms, ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken mince and cook in wok for 3 minutes or until cooked through, breaking up lumps.
4. Add half the spring onions plus the oyster sauce, soy sauce and lime juice, cook off for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, spoon mixture into lettuce cups and top with coriander and remaining spring onions. Wrap up and chomp!
~
I hope you enjoy this one, it's very easy and low fat to boot!
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.