Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cool weather and Meat Loaf...

I took this pic a few weeks ago, early in the morning. We had rain coming through but the sun was out making this tree look really ghostly...
~
So last night, I made Marie's meat loaf. I used 500gms of lean beef mince and I squeezed the meat out of 5 plain pork sausages to get the right mix of meat.
~
I glazed it throughout the cooking process...
~
... and voila! A very nicely glazed, tasty meat loaf. Next time I would make double the glaze and put half in a saucepan and cook if off so there was more sauce to have with it.
~
I forgot to take the picture until I was already into my meal - whoops! A nice tasty meal with left overs for lunch today (I like the meatloaf drizzled with balsamic vinegar... actually I like anything drizzled with balsamic vinegar)!
~
Off to work again today (ho hum),
Cheers - Joolz

3 comments:

  1. I'm making meat loaf this weekend, definitely the weather for it. You should try Maggie Beer's Vino Cotto (plain, Quince or Fig) like balsamic but way better drizzled over things (or anything - strawberries are nice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy I love all the foods that come with winter but I must say not too sure I like winter so much. I used to but boy I feel it this year! Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joolz - Thank you for dropping by my blog, I'm always pleased to hear from other South Aussie bloggers - the meatloaf looks delish - with that glaze adding a nice finishing touch.
    "Adelaide and Beyond"

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.