Monday, January 31, 2011

To the beach...

Yesterday promised temperatures up to 40C so after a morning spent in the cool at home, we headed for the beach.
~
The beach was like a highway~
~
Ruby...
~
We set up our shade along the main beach. There weren't a huge number of people along here, just the 4WD going by. Angus & I had our first swim for the summer - the water was, shall we say, very refreshing! Our Southern Ocean is not known for it's warmth! But once we got in, we stayed in for about half an hour and it was lovely. Sorry no gratuitous bikini shots... (lol!)
~
Bri and her friend had a swim while we watched from the shade. We saw lots of people just sitting out in the sun, I don't know how they do it?! They must frizzle!
~
(all pics out of my E71 Nokia phone - I keep forgetting my camera!)
We stayed until 7pm then headed for home. Bri got to try her 4WDing skills through the dunes again. We had a barbecue dinner then I settled in to watch Hawaii Five-O (I'm a bit partial to Alex O'Loughlin - seeing he's Australian and all!).
~
Back to the grind today then we are off to Melbourne tomorrow for a vehicle launch and dinner.
~
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. A nice afternoon way to cool off and an end to the day. I watches Hawaii 5.0 too for the same reason :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think Southend would have been the best option. It's already overcast here. Change is on its way.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... it all looks so lovely!
    What beach is this, btw? I wanted to head out to either the lake or the oceran yesterday, but unfortunately, a migraine got in the way... and I just huddled under the A/C all day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beatiful day!!! I wish we could get some sun here to go to the beach. Check out my new blog for crafting and stuff. I still have my other one, that one will be for mostly family stuff.

    theinsanityofme-ande.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.