Sunday, June 20, 2010

Joolz can sew! (who knew?)...

(photo from Buttonberry)
I have had the tutorial for this Posh Pick n Mix Bag from Buttonberry since November 2008.
I finally decided to go ahead and try and make it
~
The first thing you should know - I am not a sewer - I am in fact quite dislexic when it comes to all things patterny and turn inside outy with right sides togethery. But I took a deep breath, got out the necessary materials and started.
~
So far, so good! As I went along, following each page of the tute I started to be amazed at how easy it was and each step just fell into place.
~
I didn't even have to unpick anything, not once!
~It's starting to take shape now - look at those perfectly square corners!
~
It was quite tricky, turning things inside out and right sides together - this is what usually befuddles my brain (did I tell you that before??).
~
Wow, I turned in rightside out from inside out and it looked exactly like Buttonberry's picture!
Hello? This is a lined, stiffened, perfectly straight seamed Posh Pick n Mix Bag, ladies!
~
Sew up the small gap where I turned it through then stitch around the top - hey, even that went according to plan! Sew on the buttons (Brianna reckons they are crooked), ribbon and bead
and ...
~
Ta da!!! Can you believe, I even fluked getting the pattern centred (not at all by intention)!
~
I'll be making more of these as gifts - I may make them slightly taller for easier folding over.
~
Cheers - Joolz

13 comments:

  1. well done you! Looks great....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Joolz, now you will have the bug and want to keep sewing.

    Nice little bag....

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very lovely! You give inspiration to those of us who have a sewing machine sitting idle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noice Joolz! It's gorgeous. I must admit to having that whole dyslexic thing as far as turning things through etc. So confusing! Tutorials really help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I'm all thumbs when it comes to stuff like this too, so Goodonya, girl!

    And your beautiful nails? I'm pouting here. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Joolz! Sewing is fun when you have well written instructions. The bags are great and would make good gifts with a pressie inside.
    I might make some of those too:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the flowers on the blue fabric. Good on you Joolz, sometimes it is just a matter of finding the right tutorial and everything comes together easily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!
    I have a bad relationship with my Sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo ! I cant sew either,but I still keep trying :0)
    Just simple things ..
    The bags look great,seeing as Christmas is only now 6 months away...you need to get stitchin' !
    I just checked out the last few posts of yours..been cold down there hey!We havent had a frost yet :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job!!! I love that the pattern had pictures with it. I have a hard time reading instructions, I need pics or someone to show me how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely, lovely bag you have made!

    Bye, Carolien

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.