Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake...

The photos aren't quite in order but above you can see the cake and all it's gooey icing...
*
... quite a simple recipe which you can find here.
*
This is the cake, straight out of the oven and the hot icing being poured over it. Oh my!
*
I am the proud owner of Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks (First Edition)
*
I have orders from Kirby and Bri to cook Cinnamon Rolls, Potato Skins, PW Breakfast Burritos, Buttermilk Biscuits, Lasagna, Comfort Meatballs, Rib-Eye Steak with Whisky Cream Sauce, Fried Chicken, Twice baked Potatoes, Meatloaf, Chicken Spaghetti, Chicken Pot Pie, Cowboy Calzone, Macaroni & Cheese and the list goes on. Most of these recipes can be found at
www.thepioneerwoman.com so check it out if you are not familiar with Ree's famous blog.
*
I can feel my butt expanding as I speak....
*
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Joolz, V and I went to meet Ree at her book signing her a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the line was FOUR MILES LONG (slight exaggeration)!! No way was there time for us to get a book signed. I am thrilled for her success. As for the sheet cake, this is a tried-and-true old Southern recipe. I have one 17 year old nephew who will have nothing else for his birthday! Delicious! C

    ReplyDelete
  2. should i buy the book...shouldn't i buy the book....I am on a self-imposed cookbook buying moratorium....but,,,i DO want this one...that's it...you've decided it for me...I'M BUYING IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ree is a superstar!!!
    How Awsome is she????
    And are'nt you surprised she is'nt fat!~!!
    All that awesome delicious cooking.
    I want her book sooooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you doing? Rubbing in the fact that you have Ree's cookbook - and we don't? LOL! ;)
    Just kidding... mine should be winging itself to me right now - along with half a dozen other books that Amazon tempted me with!

    The cake looks so delicious, and I'm definitely going to give it a go tomorrow. With all the lovely rain we're getting right now, it's the perfect time to do some baking, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is amazing! I have made it several times! Yes, "C" and I could not stand in the LONG line to get our books autographed, but Ree was seated at table up at the front of the store! Yes, she is just as lovely in person and was graciously signing books and posing for photos! Marlboro Man was talking to people standing in line and signing books also! We could not believe how many people turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.