Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back from a blogging break...and I'm a WINNER!

Hi there - sorry I've been absent for the past week. Don't really know what happened. I just had other things to do this week, I guess. This is my lovely lucky bamboo plant. I saw it at the plant nursery and had to have it. The last one I owned, lasted about 4 years until it grew too big and gangly. It makes a nice addition to my kitchen counter.
*
This was my weight on Monday, 28th September - still 72 kgs! I was not very impressed - I hadn't lost any more weight since the previous week even though I thought I was very good. Maybe I've been sulking since then, I don't know. The last week of the 30 Day Throw Down was harder than the previous three. On a happier note, I AM THE WINNER of Robynn's September Throw Down prize. I have won a $100 Amazon voucher - (Yay, me!) so I can shop till I drop and buy some books online. Thank you so much, Robynn! Robynn is going to interview me and that may let me explain some things. I've been mulling things over in my head a bit, you know, deep and meaninful etc, etc.! Aaagh, thats a bit intense isn't it?
*
I've had a busy week, working in the office, cooking, cleaning, laundering, picking up, putting away, tidying, wiping, laundering, picking up, putting away, did I mention laundering??? It's been nice to have Kirby home for Uni holidays so Kirby and I took off to Mt. G on Thursday, did some shopping and went to the movies and saw UP! Yes, I know it's a G rated kids movies, but it was cute and fun and I'll be getting it on DVD when it comes out. I also had a quick trip to Mt. G on Friday - Brianna's retainer wire on her top 4 teeth came loose and I got the dentist to slot us in 4.30pm Friday arvo. She had to leave the hospital work placement a bit early then we choofed off the Mt. G for a 4.30 appointment. Her next appointment is on Oct. 22 and she couldn't bear the wire flapping around her mouth and tongue. Lovely Dr. Castle had it secured and glued in 10 minutes flat and $55 later we were outa there! Bless! I had her back
home and only 5 minutes late to her waitressing job at 6.05pm!
*
School broke up on Friday 26th Sept for 2 weeks but Brianna has been doing a work placement at our hospital, getting a feel for nursing and midwifery. She has foregone a week of her holidays to do this - I am proud of her. She has enjoyed many facets of 'hospital life' including general nursing on the ward, aged care, radiology, administration and nurse training day. She had to work at her waitressing job last night after working 7 hours at the hospital so she was pretty pooped when she finally got home last night. She's working tonight too so she'll be up for a sleep in, in the morning. Onya, sweetie!
*
I finished my Kokeshi Doll stuffie this afternoon. Me being a fantastic seam(stress), I nearly had a Nervie B (nervous breakdown) after stuffing her then trying to sew her up, on the curve, just under her pigtails. Sweaty palms, sweaty brow, cursing and swearing that I'd throw her in the bin, I rallied and got her sewn up. She's a bit lumpy and bumpy but she is cute and I made her and I am happy. *Note to self* - cute little stuffies are useless time wasters and serve no purpose in this world! Lol! Angus asked me why I made it and I said "to prove that I can!". I'm going to move on now - maybe I'll make a chocolate cake - the whole family will appreciate that! (lol!)
*
Have a good weekend, won't you. Not much on our calender this weekend, just pottering around.
*
Cheers - Joolz


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! So what are you going to buy???Cute little dol :0) clever you.Check your measurements this week..maybe you lost inches instead of scale weight!Your doing great,dont get disheartened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joolz, congrats! My weight progress has been slow too, but I'm still trying, hopefully I'll do better on the exercise part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a 100 dollar gift card. Don't spend it on something practical, get something you have been wanting for a long time!!! :) You are going great with you throwdown, keep up the good work. The doll is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win, what are you going to buy?

    BTW, pretty nail polish on your toesies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you on the win!!! Spend it all on YOU!! C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I fully intend to spend it on me! *big smile*

    I want to get Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman Cooks book which comes out at the end of October. Not sure what else - I have only just joined Amazon recently.
    Happy days!

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Been busy!
    Congrats on the win!
    Hey I did'nt know Ree was finally at the published stage...How awesome is she???

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.