Friday, July 17, 2009

Savoury Chops...

Here's a real winter warmer for you. These tasty chops would be great to come home to after a day out in the cold. Real comfort food
*
SAVOURY CHOPS
lamb chops (forequarter, chump, loin) - enough to feed your crew
(pork chops or diced steak would work too)
1 large onion, sliced
2 large carrots, sliced
*
4 tblspn plain flour
4 tblspn tomato sauce (ketchup)
4 tblspn vinegar
1 tblspn brown sugar
2 tspn curry powder
2 tspn mustard powder
1 tspn ground ginger
4 cups beef or vegetable stock
*
Brown the chops on both sides in frying pan. Place them in a large casserole dish, top with onions and carrots.
Mix all dry ingredients, sauce and vinegar with a little of the stock to make a runny paste then slowly add the remainder of the stock to the paste. Pour the stock mixture over the chops, cover the dish with a lid or foil and bake in a moderate oven for 2 hours.
*
Serve with fluffy mashed potatoes and greens. I had some puff pastry so I made some triangles to be fancy!
*
Next time I will try it in my crockpot - (4-6 hours)
*
Cheers - Joolz

1 comment:

  1. That is making me drool!!!! And it is not cold here, so I am wondering if I should save the recipe for later. Hmmm...,.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.