Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tablescape Thursday...

Dinner after netball practice - chicken schasliks, tossed salad and carbonara noodles. Very simple. I marinated the chicken skewers in sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, honey and soy sauce then cooked in the fry pan.
*
I bought these place mats in Target for $12.00 and the napkins today in Spotlight for $7.00
*
The days are very cool and crisp at the moment with more cold, wet weather for the coming weekend. Just what we want for netball - not! Better drag out my ugg boots and scarf and gloves! Best thing is that we can be home by about 1.30pm.
*
Cheers - Joolz

7 comments:

  1. Your table settings look lovely, beautifully coordinated, and the food so delicious but I keep looking for my dinner invitation...did you forget to mail it?

    blessings and hugs, marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...forgot to ask what ugg boots are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joolz!!!! You nailed it! The Old Guy looks like he belongs to ZZ Top! I had been trying to place it and you did it for me! lol

    Pretty blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks just so lovely and inviting!

    Mine? I'm lucky if I can shove all the bills, paperwork and kids craft off to one side, when it comes time to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chicken skewers look delicious!!!
    It's getting very cool here too, definitely time to pull the ugg boots out...

    Take Care
    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Mrcy - Ugg boots are sheepskin on the outside and fluffy sheeps wool on the inside. Eskimo's wear very similar. I'll take a picture of mine at the netball tomorrow.

    - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's ugg boots? Is it those hairy things that look a bit like the end of a mammoth's leg?

    Your table looks lovely

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.