Monday, March 9, 2009

Thank you for the mince....

I went shopping for the ingredients to my Mexican Potato casserole late on Saturday afternoon. I was in our biggest supermarket when a lady I know came by and said "they've got no mince left. I wanted to make Shepherds Pie this weekend." I said "Oh, no! I need some to make a special dinner for K18, who's home from Uni." She said, 'Well, maybe the other 2 supermarkets will have it."

I finished my shopping then went to the next supermarket. I had just pulled up when the lady came out the door, shaking her head. I wound down my window and she said "Sorry love, I just got the last pack of mince. They only had pre-packed stuff and I bought the last 800gms." There was slim chance that the 3rd supermarket would have any either.

I explained how K18 was really looking forward to the dish I was going to make and she was fascinated by the recipe. Then she said "Here, you buy this off me. I can make Shepherds Pie anytime!" I said "Don't be silly!" She said "Go on, you need it more than me! But I want a copy of that recipe ." I didn't have any cash on me (I usually use my cash card) so I promised I would drop the money to her at her shop on Tuesday (Monday is a public holiday here) - with a copy of the recipe.

What a lovely thing to do for me. I made the Mexican Potato Casserole (see Recipes, under Labels tab) and we all enjoyed it on Saturday night and then again heated up as leftovers to go with our Sunday lunch. Both my girls love this recipe. We scraped the plate clean.

Thank you, Di! :)

Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I can't find your email on your blog so i know no other way to contact you. Anyway, do you have an awesome recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies, i've seen all your cooking pictures and I so trust your recipes? There's so many on the internet and there's absolutely no way to guarantee which one is best. Can you email me at dragonmar2@hotmail.com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to do for you, I don't think it would happen in a bigger city like Adelaide. I can go to the supermarket and I won't seen anyone I know. By the way I made the banana bread today (with chocolate) nearly all gone now, hubby loves it.
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.